We have now automated migration journey in the Embedded Signup Flow during WABA creation.
STEPS TO FOLLOW -
- Ensure 2FA is disabled at the source BSP for this phone number
Log in to the system using any of the login/signup methods (Regular, Google, Facebook, or Github)
- Create App
Click on Create App button and create your app, user can select any one of the types (Access API or Customer Support)
App name should not contain any special characters
- Go live - (DO A HARD REFRESH IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE BELOW SCREEN)
a. On the dashboard click on the Go Live button
Click ‘Migrate New Waba'
b. Select 'Instant onboarding with Facebook Embed'
c. Accept Pricing and Proceed
d. Fill in details
e. Confirm entered details -
A verification email will be sent to mentioned email address. Go to your email inbox. Verify the email address
[not required if email ID is verified previously]
Come back to the Gupshup UI and hit ‘Confirm’
f. 1a If you are not the admin of the Facebook business account, then Copy the URL generated at the bottom and share it with the owner to complete the flow.
f. 1b. The person with the link can open and start from next step
f.2. If you are the admin of the Facebook business account then read the instructions and click on the tick mark and then click the ‘Continue with Facebook’ button
The Facebook interface will now open up -
- Click on the Continue as USERNAME button
- Click on Get Started button
- Give permission to connect your account with Gupshup by clicking the Continue button
Step 1 of 3: Create your Meta and WhatsApp Business Account
- Create or Select a Meta business account and click on the Continue button
- Create a new WhatsApp business account and note the WABA ID in parallel on the side (you can also get the WABA ID later from the WhatsApp Manager)
- Facebook will verify the provided information
- Accounts have been set up click on the Continue to step 2 button
Step 2 of 3: Create your WhatsApp Business Profile
- Create or Select a WhatsApp business profile and click on the Continue button
Step 3 of 3: Add Phone Number
- Enter the phone number (It is ok if you see the error 'This number is already registered to an existing WhatsApp account....')
- Do not select any verification method
g. Now close the Facebook interface and go back to the Gupshup interface (if you are also the admin of the Gupshup account then you can also go to Gupshup dashboard and complete the Go live process in future)
You should see the below screen on Gupshup and click 'I have completed WABA migration'.
If the button is not activated, you can refresh the page.
TIP : You can copy WABA ID from the WhatsApp Accounts section of your Facebook Business Manager - (refer example)
h. Enter the WABA ID in the Gupshup interface, check the 2FA disabled check if done and click Continue
i. Enter the phone number and select the channel for OTP verification and click 'Request OTP'-
j. Verify the phone number by entering the OTP received and hit Verify (This may take a few minutes)
k. Once this is completed, the Gupshup system will start the migration flow -
l.a. If migration is successful, here is what you will see -
l.b. If migration fails, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to understand the reason and help to complete the migration. Make sure the source BSP has disabled 2FA for your phone number.
If you get stuck in the process anywhere you can reach out to email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.