A greeting message is what people see the first time they find your bot on messenger. It disappears when someone taps 'Get Started' button or send your bot a message.
Note: Greetings have a 160 character maximum, so keep it concise.
You can set one using one of the two procedures:
- Click Settings at the top of your page.
- Click Messaging in the left column.
- Below Show a Messenger Greeting, click to select Yes.
- Click Change, edit the greeting, then click Save.
- Click My Bots at the top of your Page.
- Select bot from your bots list.
- Select publish tab at the top of your page.
- Select Facebook messenger publish button.
- Under Submit your page Username and Page Access Token accordian, set greeting message under welcome message parameter.