Gupshup provides two kinds of tools for WhatsApp business API messaging - Customer Support and Access API; here are the differences -
1. Customer Support:
The Customer support tool is a user interface used by businesses to answer customer support queries seamlessly over WhatsApp with the help of multiple support agents.
Capabilities provided by Gupshup customer support tool dashboard -
- Enable support team to respond instantly to customer queries
- Receive and Share rich media like documents, images, audio, and video with customers
- You can create pre-trained responses to frequently asked customer queries to help in quicker resolution
- Keep customers engaged with automated responses for Away or BRB modes
- Set a display name, a display picture, and greeting messages customized as per your business needs
- Easily switch from automated responses to live chat conversation
- Support for web as well as mobile
2. Access API:
You can use an Access API app to send transactional notifications and receive messages from customers by integrating it with your service or application.
Capabilities provided by Gupshup Access API-
- Flexible REST API that you can integrate with your CRM or Customer Support platform or existing chatbot application
- Send messages to customers using REST API
- It supports rich media like documents, images, audio, and video in response to user queries, as a notification or a session message.
- Upload business-managed opt-ins
- Support to send your custom template notifications to customers who have opted in.
- Receive messages and events sent by customers and WhatsApp via a webhook/callback URL.
- Receive rich media like documents, images, audio, and video from customers.
- Freedom to design your application as per your business requirement