All you want to know about the new capping for ISVs
We have reduced our monthly capping limit* of 750 USD to 75 USD* per app for ISV’s linked apps (*maximum amount you pay as Gupshup fees, WhatsApp fee at actuals) w.e.f March ‘22.
Note: This capping is exclusively for ISV's apps, not for customers working directly with Gupshup.
- How will my linked customer’s apps get the new capping limit?
For all the apps linked to your partner ID within any month, the 75 USD capping limit will automatically apply from the same day as they are linked. There is no separate manual process, except that the apps must be linked to your partner ID. There will NO be future adjustments done if app linking is delayed. Per message fee by Gupshup remains the same as 0.001 USD
- What if the app’s Gupshup fee billing has crossed ISV capping limit before it is linked to partner?
In this case, all additional deductions will be adjusted at the end of the month. Check examples to know more -
Non-partner app’s Gupshup fee billing between 01st to 10th May : 50 USD
App gets linked to partner on : 11th May (Capping applied)
Deduction for app from 11th May to 31st May : Up to 25 USD
EXAMPLE 2 :
Non-partner app’s Gupshup fee billing between 01st to 10th May : 300 USD
App gets linked to partner on : 11th May (Capping applied)Deductions from 11th May to 31st May : 0 USD
Deductions from 1st June onwards : Up to 75 USD
- March ‘22 has already started, but deductions are still happening above 75 USD for customer apps. Will we get the refund?
For March ‘22, Gupshup fee deductions will be manually adjusted by 10th April ‘22, if the following conditions are met -
- App was linked to your partner ID in March ‘22
- App crossed Gupshup fee billing of 75 USD
- Will the process be automated?
The process will be automated w.e.f April ‘22. This means that there will be no deductions for Gupshup fee as soon as it crosses 75 USD on any day in a given month. Deductions, if any, will be refunded at the end of the day at max.
- What if the app is delinked ?
New capping amount will be applicable from the same day.
- What will be the commission plan with the new capping?
The new commission structure remains similar to the previous one.
ISV Commission per app = “10% of Billing” OR “Billing - 50”(Max: 25 USD) (whichever is higher, where, ‘Billing’ is Gupshup fee billing by app)
Things to note :
- Commissions will be re-calculated on the basis of new ISV capping for the month of March ‘22. All commissions will be shared in the 1st week of April.
- Partner portal calculations of cost and commissions will reflect correctly from April ‘22.
- ISV capping applies only for the Standard Plan - where WABA is hosted on Gupshup docker with standard TPS, support and SLAs.
We are also coming up with Business Plans for high volume requirements, higher SLAs, better support process and so on, starting from a fixed fee of 300 USD per month, and no commissions. More details to be shared shortly.