Last updated : 19th Feb 2024
The target audience for this document is Potential or Existing Tech Providers who want to Sign-up with Gupshup.
Get started -
- Start by understanding about Tech Provider Program. To know more about the benefits of becoming a Tech Provider while working with Gupshup (Meta’s Solution Partner), reach out to your regional CSM or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the below steps to Signup as a Meta Tech Provider (for ISVs willing to work with Gupshup)
- Follow the below steps to Signup as an ISV with Gupshup
Signup as a Meta Tech Provider (for ISVs willing to work with Gupshup)
Step 1: Create a Meta Business Account (Make sure you sign up or later share the account with the same domain's email ID you will sign up on Gupshup Partner Portal)
Create or use an existing Meta Business Account to ensure all the necessary business details (address, website, email, etc.) are provided during the verification process.
- Your business is limited to a maximum of two Meta Business Accounts.
- Make sure all information is accurate to avoid rejection during business verification. Onboarding WhatsApp services may fail if your business account is not in good standing with Meta.
Step 2: Create a Meta App
Navigate to My Apps panel, create a new business app, and connect it to your Meta Business Account. Alternatively, if you have an existing app, you can directly link it to your Meta Business Account by loading it in the App Dashboard and skipping to step 3.
Upon app creation, if you can't develop a business app, select Other > Next.
Fill in the necessary information and select the Business Account from the dropdown.
After creating the app, go to App Settings > Basic and update your app's domains and icons under the basic settings tab.
Also, initiate the business verification process as mentioned in the screenshot in parallel to below steps, if not done already.
Read how to verify my Meta Business Account
Step 3: Add the WhatsApp Product
From your App Dashboard, add the WhatsApp product.
You will get redirected to choose your business account (if not selected previously) and agree to the Facebook and Meta Hosting Terms to continue.
Ensure you agree to Meta’s Tech Provider Terms of Service by clicking the Start Onboarding button in the App Dashboard > WhatsApp > Quickstart product panel when you add the WhatsApp product to your app.
In case you have added the product to your app and didn't accept the terms, you must return to Quickstart to accept the terms.
Step 4: Note your app ID and take a similar to below screenshot clearly showing -
Meta app name
Meta app ID
WhatsApp product added
- Domain of the email ID logged in to the account (Make sure you sign up or later share the account with the same domain email ID you will sign up on Gupshup Partner Portal)
You can now move on to the next step.
Signup as a Gupshup ISV
- Navigate to the https://www.gupshup.io/partner/signup .
- Fill all the necessary fields provided on the Signup page, and click the Sign Up button to proceed ahead.
- After signup, you will need to verify your email ID and set a new password.
- Login again with the set credentials.
- Read all the Gupshup terms and conditions. You must agree to them if you move ahead. And then fill in the other details.
Copy the Meta app ID created in the Meta portal in the below screen and upload the screenshot (max 2mb)
Note - Steps to find Meta app ID are mentioned in Tech Provider steps
- Partner creation request will be sent to the partner support team for approval.
- Support team will evaluate each request and screenshot
- Once support team confirms your app ID, they will accept or reject the request triggering a confirmation email to you. If you request is approved, the remaining tabs will be enabled for the partner. The partner will be able to see their partner application status as Approved.
8. In case the partner application is rejected, soon. partners can re-submit their application with modified app id details
Note: Partner Portal supports the Admin and the User role. The Admin role has the advantage of adding more users.