As most of you might be aware, starting February 1st, 2022, WhatsApp will switch from a notification-based pricing model to a conversation-based pricing (CBP) model. Instead of being charged for notifications sent, businesses will be charged per conversation, which includes all messages delivered within a 24-hour period.
Read this guide to know –
- How does CBP work?
- What changes can you expect in Gupshup self serve with CBP coming in?
Useful external links:
How does CBP work?
Old way of charging WhatsApp fee – Message based pricing
In the Message based pricing model, WhatsApp fee is decided basis ACTIVE WINDOW
- Active window is a 24 hour window that starts from “last message” of user and is a moving window. Free text / session messages can be sent in this window WHATSAPP FEE : FREE
- Inactive window is when the business can only send pre-approved template messages to opted in users WHATSAPP FEE : Per template message fee basis recipient country
GUPSHUP FEE - is per message for session or template
figure 1: Message based pricing model – basis user’s activity
New way of charging WhatsApp fee – Conversation based pricing (CBP) (1/2)
In the conversation based pricing model, WhatsApp fee is decided basis combination of - ACTIVE WINDOW + CONVERSATION WINDOW
Starts from user’s last reply, is a 24 hour moving window with which WhatsApp decides HOW MUCH TO CHARGE and WHAT MESSAGE CAN BIZ SEND (e.g. if user last replies at Day 1, 3pm, Active window ends at Day 2, 3pm, But if user again replies at Day 1, 4pm, Active window extends till Day 2, 4pm)
HOW MUCH TO CHARGE – FOR BIC (Business initiated conversation) OR UIC (user initiated conversation)?
- BIC and UIC are decided basis active window.
- User initiated DOES NOT mean conversation session starts by user’s message, It starts on reply by biz.
- WHATSAPP FEE : Different rates for BIC and UIC for different countries, Applicable in all countries.
GUPSHUP FEE still applies to every message in a conversation session – 0.001 USD pm whether template or session.
WHAT MESSAGE CAN BUSINESS SEND
- Same rules of opt-in and preapproved template apply for Biz initiated conversations.
- Same rules of active user apply for any message within BIC and UIC (biz can only send free text if user is active).
New way of charging WhatsApp fee – Conversation based pricing (CBP) (2/2)
Starts from biz’s first message, is a 24 hour static window with which WhatsApp decides WHEN DOES THE CHARGE START AND END (e.g. Day 1, 3pm to Day 2, 3pm fixed)
WHEN DOES THE CHARGE START AND END
- 24-hour conversation session starts from first reply by business
- First message is charged by WhatsApp, No further charge on messages in this 24 conversation window
- Session initiates on delivery of first message
figure 2: Conversation based pricing model – basis business’s first message
Examples of WhatsApp fee & Gupshup fee
|USER INTIATIATED (UIC)
When user is active in last 24 hrs.
|BIZ INITIATED (BIC)
When user is not active in last 24 hrs.
Other concepts of CBP
- The first 1,000 conversations are free in every WABA within each calendar month
- Could be UIC or BIC
- Gupshup fee per message will still be charged in this case
Free entry points (FEP)
- Gupshup fee per message will still be charged in this case Free entry points (FEP)
- Conversations that start from Ads that Click to WhatsApp or Facebook Page CTAs will be free (first UIC by user free)
What changes can you expect in Gupshup self serve with CBP coming in?
Changes in wallet statement
You will soon notice that the wallet statement usage section will be updated in the below format, to accommodate the CBP changes -
To know the payload changes please check - Gupshup API documentation for CBP
Download this guide -